International Train the Trainer (ITtT)
This course is open to National Trainers (or those who have passed an equivalent programme approved by WFTGA), who are current members of WFTGA and have at least 100 hours of tourist guide training experience.
- Expressions of interest are invited by the Head of the WFTGA Training Division.
- Applicants must be current Members of the WFTGA Training Division.
- Accredited prior learning and experience will be considered.
Applicants must submit:
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining their professional expertise, qualification and experience as a trainer,
- a portfolio evidencing 100 hours of interactive tourist guide training,
- a copy of their tourist guide qualification certificate, ID or licence and
- a copy of their WFTGA Train the Trainer Certificate
Course Content will include:
- Broadening of skills and deepening of knowledge gained during the TtT Course and during practice as National Trainer
- Moderation of courses and results of assessments and examinations
- Accreditation of Tourist guide training programmes
International Train the Trainer Courses will only be held at an accredited WFTGA International Training Centre, usually parallel to a HOT or TtT Course.
Assessment and Examination:
Practical assessments of training and tuition skills, and written and oral examinations.
Depending on individual results, WFTGA issues either Certificates of Successful Completion of the course or Certificates of Attendance jointly with the respective university at the WFTGA International Training Centre.
Qualification: International WFTGA Trainer.
Progression is possible to Lead International WFTGA Trainer (LIT), based on performance during the delivery of WFTGA Training Programmes. LITs are appointed by the WFTGA Executive Board on recommendation of the Training Committee.