Train the Trainer (TtT) Course
The course is designed for active Tourist Guides who would like to become Trainers, or Tourist Guide Trainers who would like to improve their training skills and gain WFTGA accreditation to train Tourist Guides in their own country.
The courses are available at our International Training Centres in Cyprus and Armenia, or on location worldwide, on request.
Course Content will include:
Practical Guiding and Training Skills
- Role of WFTGA and WFTGA Trainers
- The two-day Communication Seminar, which includes presentation of modules by trainee trainers, self and partner evaluation, video sessions and feedback
- Coaching skills
- Practical training skills – tutoring on walk/museum or site/ and on coach
- Feedback and assessment skills
- Approaches to and methodology of adult learning
- Standards for professional tourist guide training programmes
- Procedural steps for training
- Designing guide training courses
- The power of feedback
- Organising practical assessments and written examinations
- Business plan for a guide training programme
Assessment and Examination:
Practical assessments of training and tuition skills and written and/or oral examinations.
Depending on individual results, WFTGA issues either Certificates of Successful Completion of the course or Certificates of Attendance.
For courses conducted in the WFTGA International Training Centres, certificates are issued jointly by the University of Cyprus or Yerevan State University, respectively.
Qualification: National WFTGA Trainer
Progression is possible to International WFTGA Trainer through the International Train the Trainer (ITtT) Course.
WFTGA suggests combining the HOT and TtT Courses.